Sun reflector – UV protector
coldblack® is a finishing technology Archroma launched in cooperation with Schoeller Technology AG.
Light colored textiles reflect both visible and invisible rays of sunlight, meaning both heat and light. Dark colored textiles absorb both types of rays and therefore absorb heat. coldblack® reduces this absorption of heat rays, particularly in the case of darker colors, and in all types of textiles. The result is tangibly better heat management. Because textiles finished with coldblack® heat up less in all colors compared with material without a coldblack® finish.
The coldblack® technology guarantees a minimum UPF of 30 when applied to any textile* in any color without affecting the look or feel of the product. As a result, textiles with coldblack® can make an effective contribution to protecting against harmful UV rays.
* The UPF value can vary depending on structure, thickness and material. For this reason the UPF needs to be determined on the different textiles. From a minimum of UPF 30, coldblack® conformity is guaranteed.
Main product features:
• Optimal protection from heating up due to sunlight
• Textiles stay cool to the touch
• Reliable protection from UV rays (minimum UPF 30)
• Less sweat
• Increased concentration
• Higher performance
• Greater comfort
• Increased endurance
• No adverse effect on look, feel or breathability
• Function lasts through numerous washing and cleaning processes
• Finish comprises “bluesign approved” components only
• Outdoor (tents, umbrellas)
Archroma’s Brand & Performance Textile Specialties
Dark textiles without coldblack®
Dark textiles with coldblack®
®coldblack is a trademark of Schoeller Technology AG